Signing-up your students:
- Middle School Toolbox (upload list of students online. preferred student sign-up method)
- Online Application (individual student sign-up method)
- Free Brochures and Posters, including the NEW middle school informational flyer
- College and Financial Aid Information
- Staying in Touch and Getting Help
- Join Washington’s College Bound Scholarship Repledge Campaign and support your 9th graders in recommitting to the pledge. Signing up with the Washington College Access Network (WCAN) allows you to request FREE printed copies of the repledge workbook that will be delivered to your school.
Do you know an educator or professional who has gone above and beyond to help students apply for College Bound, or helped a College Bound student prepare for college? We want to recognize the efforts of those professionals who have gone the extra mile, spent the extra time, and demonstrated their belief in the value of education and the future of our students. This acknowledgement is for professional staff including: teachers, counselors, administrators, student services professionals, community and civic leaders. Please submit this nomination form by March 1, 2017.
We need your help to improve postsecondary enrollment rates among our College Bound students. The Gates Foundation has provided WSAC funds to award to schools that are selected to participate in a survey of current College Bound seniors regarding their plans for postsecondary education and what obstacles they may perceive. Schools that participate and reach a minimum response rate will receive a $250 Amazon gift code (senior class size less than 200) or a $500 Amazon gift code (senior class size is greater than 200). To that end, WSAC needs staff in high schools who are willing to deploy this paper survey to their College Bound seniors.
If you are selected for participation, you will be asked to give paper surveys to all CBS scholars in their senior year at your school between February 1, 2017 and March 31, 2017. Importantly, you will need to give the surveys to ONLY your CBS scholars in their senior year. The survey will take less than 10 minutes for each student to complete. You will then collect the surveys and send them back using a pre-paid envelope to the Washington Student Achievement Council. To receive the $250 Amazon gift code, you will need to achieve a minimum response rate of 75%. That is, 75% of your College Bound seniors will need to complete the survey by March 31, 2017. Schools can easily access their College Bound student lists via WSAC’s online portal.
Let Us Know You Are Interested! To be considered for participation, please fill out a quick contact form at: bit.do/CBS-survey-interest.
Middle School Toolbox
To begin the student's application process, authorized school staff may upload the names of eligible 7th and 8th grade students into the Washington Student Achievement Council's (WSAC) secure portal. This Middle School Toolbox presentation provide an easy-to-follow demonstration of Toolbox features, including how to upload student names.
- College Bound Scholarship Reconciled Rate Webinar (Presentation) - This webinar led by WSAC staff has information about the College Bound Scholarship initial and reconciled sign-up rates. This webinar reviews the materials that were sent to superintendents in each district.
- Portal Overview – This video is an overview of all features within the MS Toolbox.
- Understanding the Charts – This video will review the bar charts, how numbers are calculated, how to update student information and how to print individual student Missing Information Letters.
- How to Print Missing Information Letters – This video covers the basics for printing Missing Information Letters for all of your students.
Overview of Toolbox Process:
- Request access to WSAC’s secure portal.
- Login to the MS Toolbox Home Screen, then select "Programs," "College Bound," "MS Toolbox." Follow the instructions to import students.
- Print the Missing Information letter (MIL) and form. Send the letter and a College Bound brochure home with the student with instructions to:
- Have their parent/guardian comeplete and sign the form (student must also sign), including checking the appropriate income box, and return the completed form to you so that you can submit to WSAC.
- Send the completed forms to WSAC, PO Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504.
Other Toolbox Features:
- With the student, the counselor fills out the online application (available in English or Spanish).
- Print the Missing Information Letter and, along with a College Bound brochure (available in September), send it home for the student to obtain the signatures (parent/guardian/student) and to have the appropriate income box checked. Only the parent/guardian may complete this form.
- Ask the student to return the completed form to you so that you may forward it to College Bound.